Six months into the year it is worth recapping the diary for the remainder of the year:
1. 23rd June
Peebles. Leave at 9am. Henderson Park
2. 14th July
Wedding at Ford Castle – meet at Eildon at 1.30pm
Play in Henderson Park at 4.30pm
3. 21st July
Kelso Civic Week – leave at 5.45pm from Henderson Park. Parade at 7pm
4. 5th – 11th August Civic Week
· Sunday – Sashing ceremony: meet at 1pm at Eildon centre
· Monday – Return of the Norham rideout: 8.30pm at The Besom
· Thursday – Flodden rideout: 11am at Castle Car Park
· Friday – Torchlit procession: 9.30pm at Top Park Gates
· Saturday - Fancy Dress Parade: 4pm in the Park
· Saturday - Unsashing ceremony: 7pm prompt at Henderson Park
5. 19th August
Playing in Henderson Park/Gowanlea – meet at Eildon 2.30pm
6. 26th August
Borders Massed Pipe Bands: Floors Castle – leave Coldstream at 11.30am
7. 30th August – 3rd September
Trip to France
8. 22nd September
Coffee Morning: all members expected to attend and contribute to cake stall, raffle etc., 10am at The British Legion.
9. 11th November
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Two pics of the town courtesy of the Borders Gliding Club http://www.bordersgliding.co.uk/. Very interesting site, if a bit technical! The weather page is worth a look though.
The Gliding Club runs from the former RAF Milfield, there's a history here http://www.milfield.org.uk/
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Two images borrowed from D Stock, a user of the FlickR image database site.
If you type 'Coldstream' into FlickR you get about a million images of the bridge. All the pictures seem to be taken by tourists passing through the town, which is fine and these seem the only ones of us.